Welcome back. We are pleased to reveal the results of our recent makeover.
- We’ve tidied up the homepage and rejigged our sections to make it easier to share new content.
- We’ve given the site a cleaner, more contemporary look and feel.
- We’ve built the site to look beautiful on any device.
- We’ve made everything faster.
- Our love of islands.
- Our commitment to publish and share brilliant content about islands all over the world.
- Our desire to showcase work by new and emerging international writers and artists.
- Our archive. Everything we have featured before is still here. Only now it’s quicker to find what you are looking for with our new search.
We have some great content to share in the coming weeks and months, beginning today with a stirring account from Ben Lowings about a yacht trip from Madeira to the Azores. On the horizon is an extract from Sharon Blackie's new book If Women Rose Rooted, short fiction from New Zealand writer Eileen Merriman, and some intriguing Flotsam which has washed upon our shores. All that and much more to come.
We hope you enjoy the new site.
Photograph by Christopher William-Adach. Used Creative Commons license CC-BY-SA 2.0.